Speed Guardian controls speeds without requiring a the presence of a police officer. Self-monitoring of speeds creates slows traffic without issuing tickets, and promotes positive attitudes in the public.
Confidence in the displayed speeds is enhanced by MPH’s exclusive distance-measuring technology. The fourth-generation speed sensor used in the sign eliminates false speeds generated by opposite-direction traffic. This sensor also allows the Speed Guardian, when equipped with our SpeedView traffic computer, to make extremely accurate traffic counts without the need for road tube.
The Speed Guardian is self-contained and mounts quickly on an existing pole. Speed Guardian has 12-inch speed digits, which use super-bright LEDs for optimum viewing in bright sunlight. The display digits dim automatically for night operation. Speed Guardian can be operated from 110 VAC power or from a solar panel.
Speed Guardian Features
- Integral distance measuring speed radar
- 12″ (31 cm) two-digit, super-bright LED speed display
- Radar, speed display, and power supply
- Automated speed control
- Power supply options (12 volt DC, 120 volt AC, or solar power options available)
- Small and light
Speed Guardian Accessories
- SpeedView Traffic Data Computer
- Mounting brackets for various poles
- 110 volt AC power
- Solar power package
- Optional wrap-around speed sign
- Three digit display and/or km/h radar