40 traffic enforcment officers ran the SURE SHOT through it’s paces
At a recent radar/lidar certification course, 40 traffic enforcement officers in the northeast had the opportunity to work hands-on with the relatively new MPH SURE SHOT lidar in real world conditions, both day and night. The summarized comments below reflect the officer’s evaluation of the SURE SHOT versus a competitor’s model:
- Quick target acquisition time.
- Nice overall design – different than anything else on the market.
- Heads Up Display – easier aiming with both eyes open for situational awareness. Multiple sighting reticle choices for personalization.
- Multiple power options – easy and convenient AA batteries.
- Works at night – unlike many competitor models.
- Quick and easy calibration before each shift by simply touching an icon and following screen prompts.
- Following-Too-Close function really works!
- Every officer liked the customizable audio options for signal quality chirps, including the simulated doppler audio sound.
- Easy to download shot history via USB port (stores up to 500 shots).
- Icon driven, intuitive, touchscreen user interface. Officers were suprised at how easy it was to setup and customize for use without reading instructions.