Position Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and maintain client relationships based on trust and accountability while providing quality speed enforcement solution sales and services in order to meet and exceed the expectations of the territory sales plan. Sales territory consists of: AR, AZ, CO, LA, NM, OK, TX.
Education: College Degree or equivalent experience
Experience: Five plus years of technical business to business (B2B) sales/account management experience in a position that required extensive travel. Experience with traffic safety equipment a plus.
- Sales orientation that focuses on improving performance, meeting objectives and producing results.
- Develop universal territory strategy for growing sales from small to state and metro level agencies.
- Demonstrates initiative by seeing opportunities and acting on them.
- Develops contacts and relationships to expansion of MPH Industries’ business goals.
- Understands customer needs and responds promptly and appropriately; seen by the customer as a valued partner.
- Can persuade, convince or influence others to see your viewpoint or accept a desired course of action.
- Acts as the customer advocate by recognizing and responding to customer’s perspective, situation and needs.
- Projects confidence in own ability to meet challenges and make the right decision.
- Can deal positively with adversity.
- Comfortable working with small, rural agencies to state level and large metropolitan agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify market potential by qualifying accounts.
- Initiates sales process in territory by scheduling appointments; making sales presentation; understanding account requirements for a broad customer base including law enforcement agencies and governmental entities.
- Use call reporting to the fullest extent including entering data in the database for all meaningful customer contacts, prepare quotes, maintain adequate records, and produce required reports.
- Closes sales by building rapport with key influencers and decision makers; explaining and demonstrating product and service capabilities; overcoming objections; preparing contracts.
- Expands sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services.
- Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from accounts.
- Recommends new products and services by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled.
- Travel territory approximately 75% (+/-) in company-provided vehicle. Work/travel schedule to be adjusted as customer demonstrations, industry related tradeshows, training sessions or other circumstances require.
- Maintain territory demo equipment and manage customer evaluation process in a timely manner.
- Become proficient in the operation of all product offerings in order to demonstrate products, train customers and certify officers and instructors as needed.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of competitive products and how they compare to MPH Industries product offerings
- Work in an office environment set up as a private office in your home.
- Assist National Sales Manager as needed.
- Dress and maintain business conduct in a professional manner that maintains MPH Industries’ high standard of professionalism and integrity.
Skills/Qualifications: Presentation Skills, Internal Communications, Informing Others, Verbal Communication, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Sales Planning, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Persistence, Meeting Sales Goals, Strategy development; Local, Regional and State Purchasing Processes, Work well in a team environment including all facets of a manufacturing company. Previous use of CRM software and proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment